Meet Will Banowsky - 2021-03-15
As one of our finest instructors, Will Banowsky and the team employ their peerless expertise and instructional skills to make sure visitors enjoy the fun without the fear while skydiving. Having flown over 25 wind tunnels, Will is definitely no stranger to the wind. As a matter of fact, “being in the wind as much as possible” is one of the reasons he pursued a career in skydiving and since then he has found a new home in the wind. Your guess is as good as mine! Yes, Will spends a good share of his day in the wind. He is either plummeting to the earth from thousands of feet above ground level or cruising in the wind in our safe wind tunnel. Professionally, Will has accrued an impressive track record on both indoor and outdoor skydiving. Boasting over 1000 hours working in the wind tunnel and 300 jumps! He has also worked on several wind tunnels; with the Royal Caribbean sitting at the top of the list as his biggest accomplishment.
Although Will did not become a spy or an astronaut as he had wished growing up, he has made a life in wind flight and he is poised to continue to “keep improving and be in the wind as much as possible.”
- What is your favorite quote? “Beet is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” - Benjamin Franklin
- What is your proudest accomplishment? Traveling to China and Japan to work on the Royal Caribbean wind tunnels.
- What is your favorite game or sports to watch and play? I like watching professional Dota 2.
- Who is your hero? Baptiste Welsch!
- What three items will you bring with you to a deserted island? Can I bring a wind tunnel?
- Are you closely or distantly related to anyone famous? No, but I once took a picture with George R.R. Martin and he let me wear his hat!
- How do you spend your time during the lockdown? Games!
- What are your favorite tunnel moves? I love flips, twists, and breakers. Anything with spins and flips!
- What would you sing on Karaoke night? Raining men.
- Where do you see yourself in five (5) years? I really have no idea. Hahaha!